Take a turn down the side streets to discover the local designers, makers and even the bakers of this vibrant city plus boutique hotels in 16th-century buildings, vintage stores housing designer names, home wears from antique markets, and modern Italian design we have all come to know and love.
∗ Drink coffee in the city’s chicest cafes
∗ Discover independent clothing stores, boutiques, and galleries
∗ Dine in unique locations at the city’s best eateries
∗ Find hidden speakeasy bars and late night drinking dens
∗ Shop at vintage stores where the top stylists go and know
∗ Find stunning rooftop bars with million dollar views
∗ For the first-time visitor or long-time returner
∗ For the lover of fashion, food, and art with a contemporary, stylish edge
* ABOUT FLORENCE: an overview of the city and what makes it so unique today.
* NOTABLE NEIGHBOURHOODS: covering the eight main areas within the historic centre.
* WINE: from cappuccino to cocktail hour, a curated list of the best venues to enjoy a drink any time of day.
* DINE: hole-in-the-wall eateries serving local fare, to Italian with a contemporary twist in unique locations, you’ll have fun finding, then dining, in these establishments.
* FINE: from clothing, perfume, jewellery to leather goods, a list of chic yet independent shops to discover and buy directly from the artisan makers.
* NINE: top nine ‘best of’ lists including Sleep (boutique hotels), Markets, Beauty, Aperitivo, Gelato, Pizza, Green Spaces, and traditional Trattoria's.
* THE ESSENTIALS: info on getting there, what to wear/pack, tips and tricks to live like a local.
* OUT OF TOWN: itineraries to Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti and Cinque Terre.